Thursday, February 28, 2019

What does 'Latinx' mean? A look at the term that's challenging gender norms


Latino 
          Latina 
                     Latinx 


When I read this article, It was the  first time I had a clear explanation of the term Latinx. Before taking this class I had not heard this term before. Latinx means a gender free way of referring to people of Latin America, not assigning the letter  "o" or "a" at the end like it has always been. It makes sense to says when we say American we refer to both male and female in the English language. So I guess they just want to create a universal term as a whole to the Latin American community. Now that the Latino community has began to adapt this non-gendered language we will have to adapt to this new form of way within our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPIT AND PASSION I found this book to be very rare and uncensored in the way it transmitted its message to the readers. The author pres...