Wednesday, February 20, 2019

How to Tame a Wild Tongue

Gloria Anzaldua

 I can relate with this author about how it is growing up as a women and speaking two languages in a society. Anzaldua was born in Texas in 1942 and at the age of 11 started working in the fields. She is a very inspiring person about how she managed to succeed through her strength, effort and determination. Like many immigrants and especially women in today's society, I think we have to prove a point more than men. I personally try to speak english at work and school but when I'm at home or with my family I try to always speak spanish. This author explain of how she was brought up to speak english without an accent because it was the right way for her to succeed. I also learned through this reading that there are several tongues in the Chicano spanish speaking language. I will continue reading more of this authors work since I find it that I can learn new things about the spanish speaking language.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SPIT AND PASSION I found this book to be very rare and uncensored in the way it transmitted its message to the readers. The author pres...